Google Groups

Re: [symfony-devs] Symfony 2.1 release

Greg Militello Apr 27, 2012 11:33 AM
Posted in group: Symfony developers (DISABLED)
Personally I would prefer more smaller releases as much as possible.  It makes code migration that much easier.  I remember the absolute pain it was to go from 1.0 to 1.1 (granted some of that was due to poor code development on my end) but that was a hard transition.

Now I also realize 2.0 is nothing like 1.0.  That being said one BC break is always ideal over several generations of BC breaks.  However it does not sound terrible to get ready for a 2.1 release without the form component changes.

I can go either way, and I definitely see benefits/drawbacks to both possibilities.