Google Groups

Re: [symfony-devs] Symfony 2.1 release

Mark Badolato Apr 27, 2012 11:26 AM
Posted in group: Symfony developers (DISABLED)

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Fabien Potencier <> wrote:

Let me reiterate the two possibilities here:

* Wait for the form component to stabilize: we can probably schedule 2.1 for August 2012. In the meantime, we should concentrate on the form component and delay other big changes that can affect the stability of the release.

* Release 2.1 as soon as possible.

Whatever we choose, I want to next Symfony 2 releases to have shorter release cycles (a bit like what I do with Twig); and for that to happen, we need to keep BC as much as possible so that people can upgrade to new versions without any fear.

I'm for delaying 2.1 until it's ready.