Google Groups

Re: [symfony-devs] Symfony 2.1 release

Pablo Godel Apr 27, 2012 12:04 PM
Posted in group: Symfony developers (DISABLED)
I would prefer to release 2.1 asap without the stable Form. If it has BC breaks, it does not matter if you break now or later. Delaying all the nice features that 2.1 has because of forms does not make sense. Keep in mind that not everybody uses Forms yet due to its unstable status.

Regards,
Pablo

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Fabien Potencier <fabien.p...@symfony-project.com> wrote:
Hi all,

The Symfony 2.1 release was expected to be published some time ago and we struggle with it for two main reasons:

* The number of contributions we have every single day. That's great but it means that it is never a good time to release because of this last minute great change that we want to merge first;

* The recent BC breaks in the form/validator components.

But basically, we cannot release 2.1 because of the second point. We need to be sure that we only break BC for forms only once. So, we have two options:

* Wait for the form component to stabilize (which means that we are happy with the state of the API and that enough people have played with it and are happy with the features)

* Release 2.1 as soon as possible (because we already have quite a few nice enhancements).