Google Groups

Re: [ANN] Spock 0.6 released

pangea Mar 19, 2012 7:02 PM
Posted in group: Spock Framework - User
This is awesome news...Does the report extension published ( https://github.com/chanwit/spock-report-html/downloads ) work with spock 0.6 release as well?

On Monday, March 5, 2012 9:41:23 AM UTC-5, Peter Niederwieser wrote:
Dear Spock Community,

I'm happy to announce the release of Spock 0.6. This release has been (too) long in the making and brings lots of improvements and fixes. Most notably, Spock 0.6 adds support for Groovy 1.8, Groovy 2.0, and Grails 2.0. No more snapshots for those of you who want to depend on a stable version. For new and improved features, please head over to http://docs.spockframework.org/en/latest/new_and_noteworthy.html, which marks the beginning of our new documentation effort. http://docs.spockframework.org/en/latest/migration_guide.html informs about incompatible changes in this release. We now publish Javadoc at http://javadoc.spockframework.org/0.6-groovy-1.8/ (adapt Groovy version as necessary).

As usual, we publish separate artifacts for each major Groovy version (1.7, 1.8, 2.0). If you aren't sure which Groovy version to choose, we recommend 1.8. Artifacts are available from Maven Central: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/spockframework. The Groovy 2.0 artifacts are based on a pre-release version of Groovy 2.0 and are only available from http://m2repo.spockframework.org/releases.

The Grails Spock plugin is now its own GitHub project at http://github.spockframework.org/spock-grails. The plugin supports both Grails 1.3 and Grails 2.0. Its homepage remains at http://grails.org/plugin/spock.

An updated http://webconsole.spockframework.org lets you drive the latest Spock right from your browser. http://github.spockframework.org/spock-example provides example specifications along with ready-to-go Ant, Gradle, and Maven builds.

Our thanks go to the many supporters of Spock, in particular from the Groovy and Grails communities. Special thanks to the speakers on the NFJS tour, and also the speakers in Europe, who help to spread the word about Spock. Without your support, Spock wouldn't be the same!

Enjoy, and may no bugs be with you.

Peter Niederwieser
Creator, Spock Framework
Twitter: @pniederw