Google Groups

Re: At last, Scala in SA :)

Guillaume Belrose Feb 27, 2012 1:01 AM
Posted in group: South Africa Scala User Group
Hi to the list as well.

I am not (yet) in South Africa, but I will be in the near future,
moving to Jo'burg sometimes in September.
I am currently using Scala on a small scale at my company (a
predominantly C++ shop).

Another advice I would give to someone learning the language is to
take the time to read Martin Odersky's book because it is a pretty
good one. The book is very well structured, starts quite simple and
gradually introduces more advanced topics.

Cheers,

Guillaume