Google Groups

Re: Implementing an add-on/extension preferences pane?

redfive May 31, 2011 2:52 PM
Posted in group: songbird-dev
The SHOUTcast addon implements this functionality. Check out the
following pieces of that addon:

- in install.rdf, the em:optionsURL element
- in chrome/content the file prefPane.xul (loaded from radioPrefs.js)
- in chrome/content the prefsOverlay.xul file (and it's entry in the
chrome.manifest -- overlays the preferences.xul file)

Amongst those three you should be able to get the behaviors you are
looking for.

(see also:

Hope that helps!