Google Groups

Re: Using Dropbox for images?

Jeffrey Kishner Jul 25, 2013 1:37 PM
Posted in group: smallpicture-web
If I get the "share link" link for an image in my dropbox not in my public folder --

and right-click on the image, I get a "download original" pop-up

If I right-click on _that_ and get the link location and paste it into the browser

it will download

but if I remove the last parameter (&dl=1)

the raw image will show in the browser

If I remove the ?token_hash parameter, the image will still show.

This isn't user-friendly but it appears to work.

~ jeff

On Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:28:08 PM UTC-4, Dave Winer wrote:
I want to write a howto that explains how to add an image to a post.

I want to tell them how to use Dropbox for that.

But I have an old account with a Public folder, and I don't think people have one of those any longer.

So how do you do it now??

I want the URL of the image, not the URL of a page that displays the image.

Dave