Google SketchUp Help - RETIRED

Re: Paste into layers that works!

jgb Aug 27, 2009 4:44 AM
Posted in group: Feature suggestions
You will end up with crossed layers doing that.

Because you did not extract your object out from any nests of groups/
comps or other layers it may have been in.  Copy to clipboard removes
the layer info of the object.

If it were a standalone object, i.e: not nested in any groups/comps on
other layers, yes, just changing its layer will work OK.

jgb