Google SketchUp Help - RETIRED

I'd love an "Isolate" feature

bob Sep 20, 2009 2:13 AM
Posted in group: Feature suggestions

jgb wrote:

"I have pretty much mastered the technique of hierarchial layers and
the rare use of deliberate cross layering.  They are fundimental in
every drawing I now make. I have no "organizational mess" with ALL
geometry on layer0, and ONLY outer groups and comps on other layers.
Far from that, it is a far simpler way to make organizationl/
hierarchial layer changes than any other way I've encountered."

Which is probably right. At first glance it looks like a solid organisation.

In abundance, here's another way of organizing things for a particular use. Not quite the way I use it, although there are a number of similarities. Maybe this is usefull for "full solid" 3D modeling, where you don't only model the outer skin.

-exploding groups and components you need to approach cautiously-