Google Groups

Re: [silverstripe-dev] CMS speed in 2.4 some core issues....

Steve Chan Apr 17, 2012 1:05 AM
On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:25 PM, Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny
Side Up <ma...@sunnysideup.co.nz> wrote:
> Is there anyone who has other ideas on how to speed up CMS?

   One thing we noticed is that performance for CMS content editing
between administrators and non-administrators was almost twice as fast
- for example, bringing up a new page in the editor interface may take
3 seconds for an admin, but 6 seconds for a conventional editor.
Buried in the code there is a check for if a user has admin privs, and
if so, it bypasses all the permissions checks - for non-admins the
permissions checks take relatively huge amounts of time.

   The difference is much smaller for small sites - our site has over
a thousand pages. We haven't looked into how to tweak the code for
non-admins - it seemed a lost cause since 3.0 was coming out.

   Steve

--
"Sow a thought, reap an action. Sow an action, reap a habit. Sow a
habit, reap a character. Sow a character, reap a destiny." - Samuel