Google Groups

Re: [silverstripe-dev] Re: Questions About The CMS Design

Sigurd Magnusson Mar 13, 2012 6:10 PM
I know there was a discussion earlier, e.g. post alpha2, but from memory this led to us introducing the site tree back in edit-page view.
This thread is now dealing with the implications of that change --- which a lot of us are now having the first chance to play with.

Agree we'd hope to avoid major rework, but we do want to ensure we deliver something with a great, intuitive, interface.
Right now we do have an issue that stops us short of that goal.

Here's my skitch to show how the Edit Pages / Pages can be integrated:

- As you can see, clicking [Manage >>] widens the tree panel to become the existing Edit and Organize system; and when in that mode, clicking a page reverts the tree panel back to the view shown on Skitch.
- The Filter panel needs to be there.
- I've left the fate of Content/Settings/History tabs as a question mark, as Ingo you've suggested a few ideas and I'm less concerned by how that part is resolved. That said, Felipe's link you posted at  https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-design/blob/master/Design/ss3-ui_Pages-nested-nav.jpg does seem like a very clean and logical interface for shifting those items to top right.
- The result is we only need 'Pages' on the main left hand menu, and lose 'Edit Page' as a top level menu item.