Google Groups

Re: [silverstripe-dev] Re: CMS Menu Icons

Uncle Cheese Aug 9, 2012 11:41 AM
Do I understand correctly that we're going do document Martimiz's solution as the endorsed method for adding a custom icon to your LeftAndMain interface? Maybe it's just me, but something isn't right about that. At worst it looks like a hack, and at best it's a desperate workaround.

I understand the point about not cluttering up our classes with statics, but you've already provided the API for $menu_title and even $url_segment. Why stop there?

I don't know.. that just looks bad to me. If I were shopping around for a CMS and came across that documentation, I'd be a bit nonplussed.

On Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:53:15 AM UTC-4, Martimiz wrote:

No, I won't :-) I just want to look if there are any other nice things that can be done using styling, besides changing the icon

Yep, pull request for 3.0, please :) Just to be clear: Don't extend that "cms tree" howto, that's a different topic.

I've sent a pull request (https://github.com/silverstripe/sapphire/pull/712) that solves the issue of the icon not being updated in the DetailForm. I haven't found any glitches, but please check it out. And a ticket #7756 (http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/7756) I now realize I should have named the pull request after the ticket, sorry, so much to think about for a simple minotpatch :-)