Google Groups

Re: [silverstripe-dev] Installing SilverStripe 3 Beta2 - on DreamHost

Ryan Wachtl May 12, 2012 9:47 PM
As I understand it Fileinfo should be enabled by default in PHP 5.3. But if you still get an error than I advise you submit a support ticket to Dreamhost to see what your options for enabling it are.

- Ryan

On May 12, 2012, at 11:38 PM, Siddharth Menon wrote:

Yes my PHP version is 5.3.5

I am getting error for " fileinfo support not included in PHP " on dreamhost.

Trying to look for solution for this.

On Sunday, May 13, 2012 10:02:47 AM UTC+5:30, Sam Minnée wrote:
Ss3 requires PHP 5.3. The installer should have been clearer about that.

Sam Minnée
CEO
SilverStripe

On 13/05/2012, at 4:26 PM, Siddharth Menon wrote:

Thanks,
Well that was the 1st error I got. I have changed it to 5.3.x Fast CGI :) Only then it proceeded to installation screen.

Does the error mean php is not configured for fileinfo support or my upload files have something missing?

I downloaded latest repo zip from Github
  • Installer
  • Cms
  • Framework

Am I missing something ? :)

Cheers
Siddharth

On Sunday, May 13, 2012 1:42:39 AM UTC+5:30, Siddharth Menon wrote:
I was trying to install on DreamHost and I am getting an error which I am not able to solve.

fileinfo support - fileinfo support not included in PHP.

Since its shared hosting I am not able to find a fix for this.