Google Groups

SilverStripe Coding Conventions and PHPCodesniffer

Stig Lindqvist Sep 20, 2012 10:47 PM
Hi all,

I've been trying to put together a ruleset for SilverStripe coding
conventions and would like to announce my ideas here.

I rather have an automated way of checking my code than trying to
remember to implement it. I and many other really likes scripts
telling us that we're not using the correct syntax, implementing bad
patterns and correcting us.

During the years of SilverStripe have been developed it has seen a lot
of different coders and styles being pushed into it.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback and collaboration on this. I
might even convince the SS head honchos to make it official and we
might expand / clean up the current conventions at
http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/trunk/misc/coding-conventions..

github repo: https://github.com/stojg/silverstripe-codesniffer/

Cheers,
Stig