Google Groups

Re: [silverstripe-dev] Can't override /framework/ templates?

Uncle Cheese Sep 18, 2012 12:41 PM
Oh, right! I forgot about zzz_admin! Good to know.

But I would think "mysite" would override "framework" if alphabetization really does count.. ??

Regards,
Aaron

On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Anselm Christophersen wrote:

I'm having the same issue.
For now i renamed my project directory to "zzz_mysite" as I had seen it somewhere in the docs, and it works - though I don't like that naming either.

Anselm

On 18/09/2012, at 19.15, Ryan Wachtl wrote:

Possibly related, I've also experienced some difficulties in overriding templates of other modules when I rename 'mysite' => 'app'. For instance the templates in my project directory (app) no longer override the blog module's templates. I would expect that the templates in my project folder would always take precedence, regardless of directory name.

Is there an outline of SS 3 template hierarchy, that I have missed?

- Ryan

On Sep 18, 2012, at 10:52 AM, Uncle Cheese <aaronc...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have no problems overriding templates in /cms/templates, but anything in /framework/admin/ doesn't seem to respect my overrides. For instance:

/framework/admin/templates/Includes/LeftAndMain_Menu.ss

cannot be overridden by:

/mysite/templates/Includes/LeftAndMain_Menu.ss