Google Groups

Re: [silverstripe-dev] Netbeans changes line-endings ruining pull requests... Any recommendations?

Roman (bummzack) Sep 21, 2012 5:05 AM
AFAIK the old Mac OS used CR as line-ending which sadly is incompatible
with most version control systems. I had to experience this myself when
I tried to put some ActionScript files in a GIT repository (they have
been edited using the Flash Professional IDE which saves with CR
line-endings on mac).

Apparently Netbeans also uses CR line-endings on mac, which is probably
causing these issues.

I'd switch editor... personally I can recommend the following:
Eclipse (get PHP plugin) :
Textmate :

Eclipse is probably closest to what you had with Netbeans. There's also
aptana ( which is an eclipse based IDE for

Cheers - Roman