Google Groups

Netbeans changes line-endings ruining pull requests... Any recommendations?

Martimiz Sep 21, 2012 4:38 AM
Hi all

Recently I switched to using a Mac and switched to Netbeans from my old Windows editor, but unfortunately it ruins my pull requests, because it changes the line-endings for some lines that I didn't edit.  This mostly seems to affect those lines starting with /**

I've searched the web, but can't find a way for Netbeans to leave my line-endings alone. I read it checks the first line ending in the file, and then converts every other line ending to that format. Probably some files in SilverStripe have mixed line endings?

Are there any Mac users around who'd know if and how this can be fixed? If not, can you please recommend another good PHP editor that won't do this, short of editing everything in vi?

Thanks, Martine