Google Groups

Re: [silverstripe-dev] Change URL field behaviour in 3.0?

Ingo Schommer Mar 9, 2012 11:57 AM
Readonly mainly to de-emphasise it (less contrast due to not having a white background, and no frame).
It'll also fit nicer visually if laid out next to the (always readonly) base URL.
Its not something I feel too strongly about, the important bit is getting rid of that JS alert.

Good idea to show the "update from title" button conditionally.
We can check on the server if the URL segment regenerated from the current title
matches the stored on pretty easily.
I imagine a button styling similar to this from harmonyapp.com:

The other way to get rid of the alert would be opt-out rather than opt-in,
so change automatically, and show an undo button.
But I guess its more common to keep the URL than to update it to the new title, right?