Google Groups

Re: Improve Add Page for Blog Posts etc

Sergio Bruder May 8, 2012 7:53 AM

Em terça-feira, 8 de maio de 2012 11h38min49s UTC-3, James Cocker escreveu:
I've been closely following SS3's progress and must say it's looking great. Especially now that there are Add and Edit buttons in the site tree sidebar.

However, there is one aspect of the CMS that I'd really like to see improved, and that is how users add new Blog Post pages or News Article pages etc. This has been the main point of confusion to my least computer literate clients in 2.4, and it would be great to see it improved in 3. As it can also benefit advanced users by cutting out several unnecessary steps.

Let me explain. Currently in SS3, in order to add a new News Article page (or similar) to a News page, the user has to:
  1. Click Add new
  2. Select Under another page
  3. Click in the page dropdown
  4. Click on the News page
  5. Select the News Article page type
  6. Click Create

This process could be greatly shortened to something like this:

  1. Click Add new
  2. Click News Article
  3. Click Create
This works only if you have only one news holder page. If you have more than one?

Much nicer! Users shouldn't have to select the page to create the article under, as it should be possible to tell it in the code that new News Article pages should automatically be created under the News section.

I understand users can right click a page in the site tree to create a new page there, but as this isn't immediately obvious most new users will not realise they can do that.

So I was just wondering if there are any plans to improve this area? Even being able to add buttons to the main Pages page, such as "Add News Article" and "Add Blog Post" which in a single click would create the appropriate page type under the appropriate section would be amazing!