Google Groups

Margin markers not restored with Undo/Redo

David Jan 7, 2009 11:28 AM
Posted in group: scintilla-interest
Hello, I have written a modification of PyCrust that makes heavy use
of margin markers (PyCrust uses Scintilla's code via the
wxStyledTextControl).  Essentially, I use markers for code
organization and code folding.  The problem is that undo or redo can
destroy the markers and I can't think of a way to handle it on my end.

How hard would it be to make scintilla itself store and manage marker
information during undo and redo processes?  I have looked at the code
and could not easily tell for myself...

Alternatively, is it possible to easily track the undo history
externally so I can manage this information myself (essentially by
copying what scintilla does)?  I would prefer to build it into
Scintilla so others can use it, but this would suffice for my
purposes.

Thanks!
-David