Google Groups

multipass DES encryption?

J. Adams - SunOS Wizard Jul 18, 1991 9:36 PM
Posted in group: sci.crypt

I noted in the man page for fast-des that there is an option to invoke
miltiple pass encryption with different keys.  It was stated that this
increased the security of the encryption.

While I am not a mathematician or cryptanalyst, it seems reasonable
that this would merely result in the situation where a third key from
the available binary keyspace would decrypt the data in one pass.  Is
this in fact the case?

--
       Jim Adams              Department of Physiology and Biophysics
ad...@ucunix.san.uc.edu     University of Cincinnati College of Medicine