Google Groups

multipass DES encryption?

J. Adams - SunOS Wizard Jul 18, 1991 12:57 PM
Posted in group: sci.crypt

I noted in the man page for fast-des that there is an option to invoke
miltiple pass encryption with different keys.  It was stated that this
increased the security of the encryption.

While I am not a mathematician or cryptanalyst, it seems reasonable
that this would merely result in the situation where a third key from
the available binary keyspace would decrypt the data in one pass.  Is
this in fact the case?

       Jim Adams              Department of Physiology and Biophysics     University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
      "I like the symbol visually, plus it will confuse people."
                                       ... Jim Morrison