Google Groups

Re: Scalatest integration

Chee Seng Chua Feb 28, 2012 7:09 AM
Posted in group: Scala IDE Dev
Hi all,

Just to update that I have updated the fork at:-

https://github.com/cheeseng/scala-ide

to use only the more lightweight ScalaTest Finder jar, the full
scalatest.jar is no longer required to be included in the plugin
anymore.

I have also create and register a launch configuration that works with
selected suite, it can successfully launch the selected suite using
ScalaTest Runner now.

For testing, you'll need to check out the ScalaTest finder sbt project
at:-

https://scalatest.googlecode.com/svn/branches/finder

Just build and package it using sbt, and then publish the jar to the
local maven repo, which I do using the following steps:-

1) Rename the scalatest-finders_2.9.1-1.0.0.jar built from sbt to
scalatest-finders.jar
2) Use the following command to publish to local maven repo:-

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=scalatest-finders.jar -
DgroupId=org.scalatest -DartifactId=scalatest-finders_2.9.1 -
Dversion=1.0.0 -Dpackaging=jar -DlocalRepositoryPath=/home/
cheeseng/.m2/repository

I have updated pom.xml in fulllibrary project to load the finder
artifact, so if the artifact is in your local maven repo you should be
able to build the plugin successfully after running the build-
toolchain script.

The finder will be used to detect selected test/scope from ScalaTest
suite source file, style traits in ScalaTest (load from scalatest.jar
in client project's classpath) will be annotated with @Style like
this:-

@Style("org.scalatest.finders.FunSuiteFinder")
trait FunSuite extends Suite {
}

The plugin will use org.scalatest.finders.FunSuiteFinder to find
selected test/scope and prints out to console (currently).  To test
finder, you will need scalatest.jar built from the following branch in
your client project's classpath:-

https://scalatest.googlecode.com/svn/branches/locspi

We are going to use finder to create launch configuration to launch
selected tests when we get the ScalaTest Runner to support it.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Chee Seng