Google Groups

Re: Gerrit newbie question: non-administrators creating projects?

MartinFick Apr 27, 2012 12:47 PM
Posted in group: Repo and Gerrit Discussion

wrote:
> > > +1 for being able to request, review and approve the
> > > creation/deletion of projects, branches, groups etc.
> >
> > Hmm, thought from IRC discussion, perhaps another
> > pseudo change type would be a FF merge?  Was it JBQ
> > complaining that this did not exist?
>
> +1
>
> Not sure about JBQ, but I'm pretty sure Ulrik has brought
> it up at some point. I know I discussed it with him
> several times at my last job.
>
> Perhaps it would be cleaner to make it possible to set
> permissions that allow fast-forwards that don't
> introduce new commits.

While that may be a fine permission to have, I don't see it
solving the same problem.  One use case for the pseudo FF
merge change is to review changes coming in from another
branch (like a merge), and I really think that review is
likely desired in that case, especially if you can review a
merge against its base,

-Martin

--
Employee of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. which is a
member of Code Aurora Forum