Google Groups

Re: Gerrit 2.2.2.1 and 2.3 Jetty exceptions and failures

Andrew Jeffery Apr 13, 2012 3:54 AM
Posted in group: Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Shawn,

On Thu, 2012-04-12 at 21:36 -0700, Shawn Pearce wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 19:13, Andrew Jeffery
> <andrew....@ultra-avalon.com> wrote:
> > I've been struggling a bit recently with Gerrit's bundled Jetty
> > instance. A number of things have been happening, including (from
> > logs/error_log):
> >
> > ---
> > (note the timestamps)
> > [2012-04-13 11:11:45,403] WARN  org.eclipse.jetty.util.log : Dispatched Failed!
> > [2012-04-13 11:11:45,403] WARN  org.eclipse.jetty.util.log : Dispatched Failed!
>
> This is a known problem with Jetty. I'm not certain if they have fixed
> this in newer versions.
>
> I think what happens is a client disconnects ungracefully while Jetty
> has de-selected its file descriptor for reading. This generates an
> error condition on the socket, but the error cannot be delivered until
> Jetty re-selects the file descriptor for reading. Its selecting for
> writing, so Jetty is woken, but there is no event to process... so
> Jetty gets annoyed, logs this warning, and tries again with the same
> result.

Hmm... Okay - so I'm thinking of running Gerrit inside a tomcat instance
as both of the issues appear Jetty specific at this point. Any pointers
or thoughts on this? It's nice how easy it is to use the built-in Jetty
code, I'll miss that if I have to move to tomcat permanently!

Any ideas on the IllegalMonitorStateException? Do you suggest I take
that up with the Jetty project?

Cheers,

Andrew