Google Groups

Re: is now a 100% Redis Site

Salvatore Sanfilippo Feb 16, 2012 1:07 AM
Posted in group: Redis DB
Eric maybe I found a bug with the new implementation: apparently in
the category page the first page is always empty, with just the four
videos people are watching right now, but without the big listing.
From page 2 everything starts to look ok again.
Maybe related to the parameters passed to ZRANGE?

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 2:57 AM, Eric Pickup <> wrote:
> I just want to let the devs know that relaunched two weeks
> ago with Redis as our primary database.  With @100 million page views
> per day, our cluster of Redis slaves are handling over 300k queries
> per second.
> After the switchover we had to add some additional Redis nodes but not
> because Redis was overworked but because the network cards couldn't
> keep up with Redis.
> Everyone involved has been more than impressed with Redis'
> performance.
> All reads come from Redis;  we are maintaining MySQL just to allow us
> to build new sorted sets as our requirement change.
> I'm going to be doing the keynote a major Canadian tech conference
> ( about the rewrite and one of the major topics
> will be Redis and how much it helped us.
> Do you guys have a logo that would look good on a white background?  I
> want to make you guys stand out.
> Thanks for the great software!
> ~Eric

Salvatore 'antirez' Sanfilippo
open source developer - VMware
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act,
but a habit." -- Aristotele