Google Groups

Re: An introduction to contact juggling. [tutorial]

Little Paul Jul 27, 2012 8:25 AM
Posted in group: rec.juggling
On 2012-07-27, JJ Conductor <JJCondu...@JuggleJunction.org.nonSpammersRemoveThis.com.nospam.com> wrote:
>> At the bottom of the video, there should be a little button with "cc" on
>> it.  Click that and you'll get subtitles.
>
> Ah, perhaps there should be, but there isn't.  At least not on the Ubuntu
> laptop I first watched it on.  I then tried to see the video on my Gentoo
> box; and the "cc" button, plus a couple more appeared.  I'm curious why
> the laptop didn't have the "cc" and other buttons.  Before I spend time
> looking into it, does anyone know offhand?

Are you signed in to the youtube html5 trial on your ubuntu box, or are you
using a non-adobe flash plugin?

On the subject of ubuntu and flash - GRRRR!!!!!! I have two desktops,
identical graphics cards, same ubuntu distro, same kernel, same drivers
pretty much everything is the same as far as I can tell.

one has a working flash install, and the other immediately crashes the
flash plugin in *all* browsers.

Guess which one is my machine at home and which one is my machine at work.

Yup.  I can watch as many videos of kittens as I like at work.

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com