Google Groups

Re: JuggleSim 2.0

CamStradeski May 18, 2012 7:59 AM
Posted in group: rec.juggling
Adrian G wrote:

> CamStradeski wrote:
> >
> > Adrian G wrote:
> > > I've also been experimenting with a 'natural language pattern entry'
idea,
> > > this allows entry of pattern such as '7 ball freeze frame' which would
> > > evaluate to db97531. Currently it works but I have very limited
> > > patterns[1] and they only appear in a drop down list when running with
> > > NET instead of Mono.
> >

> > This is awesome, exactly what needs to be done, being able to type in 3
> > ball mills mess and not have to screw around in juggling lab hand
> > movements, or 3 ball 3 up pirouette without screwing with body movement. .
> >  Excellent work!
> >

> Thanks :)
>
> Unfortunately it's not quite at that stage yet as the actual simulator
> does't support different body/arm movements. But for plain siteswaps it's
> quite useful rather than working your way backwards through the alphabet
> for high number freeze frames or typing/working out huge things like (c,
> 2x)(8, 2x)(4, 2x)(2x, c)(2x, 8)(2x, 4) for 5b box.
>
> Adrian

Yeah I had a play with it, was just musing about where it could go, are
you just using a database of words that are associated with tricks so a
key:pair value where 4b shower maps to 71 or are is it working more
intelligently where it sees the word shower and uses the number or other
keywods to parse the text into a siteswap?