Google Groups

Drug War Chronicle, issue 718 URL + TOC,

sellers Jan 27, 2012 10:08 PM
Posted in group: rec.drugs.psychedelic
        Drug War Chronicle Issue 718 can be read at;
<http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/718>

        TABLE OF CONTENTS

       road map back to freedom?
    1. MEDICAL MARIJUANA INITIATIVE CAMPAIGN ROLLING OUT IN CALIFORNIA
[FEATURE]
       Some big players in California's medical marijuana community are
behind a new initiative that would create a uniform statewide system of
regulations for legal production and sales.

    2. POLICE NEED WARRANT FOR GPS TRACKING, SUPREME COURT RULES
       If the cops want to attach a GPS device to your car and track
your movements, they need to get a warrant, the Supreme Court ruled
unanimously Monday.

    3. GUATEMALAN LEADER WANTS DECRIMINALIZATION TALKS
       Guatemala's new president vowed an "iron fist" against the drug
cartels and called out the army to fight them, but now he wants to talk
decriminalization.

    4. MEXICO DRUG WAR UPDATE
       Ciudad Juarez continues to be a hot spot, with five police
officers killed there already this year. But it's not alone.

    5. MEDICAL MARIJUANA UPDATE
       Medical marijuana is an active issue around the country, and
especially so these days in California. Here's the latest.

    6. ARIZONA GOVERNOR MUST IMPLEMENT MEDICAL MARIJUANA LAW, JUDGE RULES
       Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer's battle to block dispensaries from
opening in the state is just about at the end of the road. After losing
in state court, she announced she wouldn't appeal.

    7. CALIFORNIA HIGH COURT TAKES UP MEDICAL MARIJUANA CASES
       The California Supreme Court has agreed to hear four medical
marijuana dispensary cases. It's eventual decisions could bring some
clarity to the murky realm of what is and is not legal in the state.

    8. VIRGINIA WELFARE DRUG TEST BILL PASSES COMMITTEE
       A bill that would subject welfare recipients to drug abuse
assessments and possible drug testing if probable cause is found has
passed a committee vote in the Virginia House of Delegates.

    9. HEMP FARMING BILL FILED IN KENTUCKY
       For the fourth year in a row, a hemp production bill has been
filed in Kentucky.

   10. NEVADA MAN DIES EATING COCAINE TO AVOID ARREST
       Another person has died by eating drugs to try to avoid arrest.
This time it happened in Las Vegas.

   11. THIS WEEK'S CORRUPT COPS STORIES
       Lead us not into temptation with seized cash, nearby evidence
rooms, and the perks of police powers, amen. A few law enforcement
officers haven't heard the prayer.

   12. THIS WEEK IN HISTORY
       Events and quotes of note from this week's drug policy events of
years past.

================  ...

                             ___________________

                     It's time to correct the mistake:
                     truth:the Anti-drugwar
                     <http://www.briancbennett.com>

                     Cops say legalize drugs--find out why:
                     <http://www.leap.cc>

                     Stoners are people too:
                     <http://www.cannabisconsumers.org>

     later
     bliss -- Cacao  Powered... (-SF4ever at DSLExtreme dot com)

--
bobbie sellers - a retired nurse in San Francisco

      "It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
      It is by the beans of cacao that the thoughts acquire speed,
      the thighs acquire girth, the girth become a warning.
      It is by theobromine alone I set my mind in motion."
         --from Someone else's Dune spoof ripped to my taste.