Google Groups

Re: Beginning with RWH?

David Fries Mar 25, 2009 5:23 AM
Posted in group: Real World Haskell Book Club
I agree with the others. The tutorials at http://www.haskell.org/ are
a good & free resource to get you started.

Further, I can recommend 'Programming in Haskell' by Graham Hutton as
an introductory text for people without any prior knowledge of
functional programming. The book doesn't go into too much detail, but
it covers many fundamental concepts, has many examples and exercises.
(it mentions little I/O and no concurrency or other advanced stuff,
though) But if you already read up to chapter 10 in RHW, almost
everything in Hutton's book will be a repetition for you. On the other
hand it is sometimes helpful to read about the same concepts again
from a second point of view...