Google Groups

Re: [razor-qt] Trimming Razor dependencies' dependencies

Alec Moskvin Apr 4, 2012 8:08 AM
Posted in group: Razor-qt
On Wednesday 04 April 2012 01:48:50, Jerome Leclanche wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 3, 2012 11:36:42 PM UTC+1, amoskvin wrote:

> > > Maybe I should volunteer, as I'm the one who pulled this mess into
> > > Razor :-)
> > >
> > > Looking through the lightdm-qt code it seems that there is a
> > > dependency on glib. Other dependecies seem to come from packaging,
> > > either at Launchpad or at the variaous distributions, so we should
> > > be able to work around those (hopefully).
> > >
> > > The question is: Is the glib dependency acceptable? If not, we
> > > should probably remove the lightdm-greeter from razor.
> >
> > You can't really avoid glib, considering how basic FreeDesktop tools
> > like pkg-config, desktop-file-utils and shared-mime-info depend on
> > it (and I'd be surprised if there were any distros where libQtCore
> > itself is not linked to it.)
> >
> > > br. Chr.
> > >

> Uh, half of those are shellscripts, not glib.

Nope, you're probably confusing it with something else. The three
packages I mentioned don't even contain shell scripts.

> Still, glib is good to avoid, but as I said the issues are much deeper
> than that with lightdm. It's very tied-in with gnome. If someone wants

Just because it links to a non-GUI library created by gnome, does not
make it "very tied-in with gnome" ;)