Today we are proud to announce the release of Rack 1.5.2.
= Rack, a modular Ruby webserver interface
Rack provides a minimal, modular and adaptable interface for developing web applications in Ruby. By wrapping HTTP requests and responses in the simplest way possible, it unifies and distills the API for web servers, web frameworks, and software in between (the so-called middleware) into a single method call.
The exact details of this are described in the Rack specification, which all Rack applications should conform to.
* February 7th, Thirty fifth public release 1.5.2
* Fix CVE-2013-0263, timing attack against Rack::Session::Cookie
* Fix CVE-2013-0262, symlink path traversal in Rack::File
* Add various methods to Session for enhanced Rails compatibility
* Request#trusted_proxy? now only matches whole stirngs
* Add JSON cookie coder, to be default in Rack 1.6+ due to security concerns
* URLMap host matching in environments that don't set the Host header fixed
* Fix a race condition that could result in overwritten pidfiles
* Various documentation additions