Google Groups

Re: [PS1-Public] Re: Beer Church this Sunday 9/20 at Noon

Andy Pace Sep 23, 2012 7:44 PM
Posted in group: Pumping Station: One Public
The brew day was a success! We hit gravity spot on, but I can't actually remember if we hit volume. Do you Eric? Did we have 4.5-5gallons of wort after the boil?

Anyway, since I forgot to add the brown sugar, we're looking at lower gravity beer, and a bit lighter, but no big deal. It explains why we weren't even close to the projected pre-boil gravity too! Yay! (I just confirmed in my brewing wizard-like software, and it's spot on)

The yeast we used has a big fermentation temp range - 59F -> 75F, this thing should ferment nice and clean in the chamber

It also has a great smell to it, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Oh yeah Eric here is some data for the wiki kthx nite:

Style: Spice/Pumpkin beer
Codename: idk make one up
Brewmaster: Andy Pace
Type: All-grain
Initial Gravity: 1.064
Final Gravity: 1.???
ABV: ?%
Brewed: 9/23/2012
Kegged: ?/?/2012
First served: ?/?/2012
Last served: ?/?/2012

Grain Bill:
1 lbs Rice Hulls
1 lbs Biscuit Malt
4 oz Crystal 80L
13 oz Crystal 60L
9 lbs Pale Malt

.5 tsp cinnamon
.5 tsp nutmeg
.5 tsp all spiace
.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Mash Schedule:
Type: Single infusion, full body
3.75gal of water @ 170
Target Temp: 156F (went too low to 152)
Start pH: no idea
Time: 60 mins
End Temp: no idea

4.5 gallons @ 170F

60 mins
Fuggles for 60min
Spice mixture for 10 mins
Chilled to pitching temp
Unsure of initial volume (someone should check next time you're at the space!)
OG: 1.064

Primary ferment: plastic tub
Pitched Safeale-05

1.064 OG
14 IBU
11.2 SRM
6.3% ABV

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Andy Pace <> wrote:

Yes please come!

On Sep 23, 2012 8:44 AM, "Tucker Tomlinson" <> wrote:
Hi All,

I'm new to the Chicago area and have been stumbling across links to Pumping Station: One every time I try to figure out how I'm going to do anything I did in my garage/yard before moving out here.  I just noticed your announcement for beer church and thought that would be a great chance to meet people in the group. Is it alright if I join you tomorrow? (I know it's late notice for this but I just found your post)

I used to do some brewing when I was out in PA, but sadly my keggle has been languishing since I moved out here to a small apartment. To make up I have been mixing up small cider batches on the stove. I currently have a batch of ginger cydem (apple mead) that I can bring to share if it's OK for me to join your little party.

(Also google groups is giving me an error message that 'Pumping Station: One' is not a valid cc address. Not sure what's up with that?)

On Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:57:56 AM UTC-4, Eric Stein wrote:
Hello all!

Beer Church this Sunday.  Be there or be square.  Discuss brewing in this thread as I have no plans on what exactly we are brewing this weekend, although Malerie was thinking of maybe Pumpkin beer.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Pumping Station: One Public" group.
To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at

Andy Pace