Google Groups

Re: [PS1-Public] Beer Church this Sunday 9/20 at Noon

Eric Stein Sep 20, 2012 9:40 AM
Posted in group: Pumping Station: One Public
That looks good!  I look forward to Sunday.

Eric

On 09/20/2012 11:11 AM, Andy Pace wrote:
Here's a quick back of the envelope base recipe:

The ingredients that are missing are where all the fun in a pumpkin beer is - the spices!

I'd like to get some thoughts on which to use - i'm personally a fan of cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg and clove in holiday beers.

Hell if it were up to me we'd just toss in .50tsp of each! The base recipe is very, well, base, so these spices are really going to come through, along with the pumpkin.

The yeast is also very neutral. Makes a great platform for these types of beers.

Let me know what you all think!

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Andy Pace <andy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Pumpkin beers are quite the step up, but I think we can handle it!

I'll start drawing up a recipe and send it around for feedback. Probably using Libby's pumpkin pie in a can. I've used it before and it's much easier than using pumpkin and turns out great.

PREPARE FOR A STUCK MASH. Although I got a few tricks up my sleeve to lower the chances of that happening :)

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 10:19 AM, malerie kaplan <kawai...@gmail.com> wrote:
pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Eric Stein <to...@des.truct.org> wrote:
Excuse me!  9/23! NOT 9/20!

Eric

On 09/20/2012 09:57 AM, Eric Stein wrote:
Hello all!

Beer Church this Sunday.  Be there or be square.  Discuss brewing in this thread as I have no plans on what exactly we are brewing this weekend, although Malerie was thinking of maybe Pumpkin beer.

http://pumpingstationone.org/2012/09/beer-church-920-at-noon/

Eric

-Malerie

Andy Pace