Google Groups

2.4 release?

Zachary Turner Sep 14, 2010 10:36 AM
Posted in group: Protocol Buffers
Reading through old threads, I found one that said that the next
release would probably include Petar's python wrapper for native C++
protobufs, greatly increasing speed of protubufs when calling from
Python.

Another post mentioned that this was expected to be done sometime this
summer.

Now that summer has come and gone, does anyone have an update about
when this release might be ready?  We're considering re-inventing a
python / C++ wrapper just because the performance is such a blocker on
what we're working on at the moment, but given how long it's been in
the works, it seems like it's such a black hole of work that we're
going to embark on, whereas the magic hammer solution might only just
around the corner.