Google Groups

Re: No reports (prey 0.5 on android 3.1)

Diego Augusto Grunberg Garcia Mar 29, 2012 8:56 AM
Posted in group: Prey
Hello to All.

I just concluded: Prey DOESN’T WORK.

If the guys who elaborated the app was hoping to compete with “Find my
iPhone” the battle is already lost.

The app from Apple works – simple as that.

I try everything.

During the last 8 months I updated the OS (from android 3.0 to 3.1 and
now 3.2) and the app several times.

Also contacted the support by e-mail (talk to Carlos Yaconi) by Github
(case #253 – still open) and Google Groups.

I even migrate my plan from free to paid subscriber to try the “on
demand connection”. As the help says: “the on demand creates a
persistent connection with the device”. It’s almost 12 hours and the
website says “waiting for connection” and gives me no reports.

I believe the app doesn’t talk with the google push technology.

My device is a market standard (XOOM) and factory original (not
Rooted) so there’s no motive to the Android Market releases an app
useless.

To resume: it’s a crap, and as far I know, doesn’t work.