Google Groups

Re: portablecontacts-unofficial: PortableContacts for Facebook and Twitter

Joseph Smarr Feb 23, 2012 9:59 AM
Posted in group: PortableContacts
Looks great! This is something we've wanted for a long time, and your implementation looks really clean and easy to extend over time. Thanks for taking the time to build this and write it up!

Next step is to build some useful tools that consume PoCo data, and let people hook up all the sources they use in the real world--natively if available, and via these proxies otherwise. :)

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Ryan B <> wrote:
hi all! i've just finished and posted a little side project:

From the blog post:

"I've just published portablecontacts-unofficial, a stand-in
PortableContacts server for major sites that don't implement it
themselves. It currently has implementations for Facebook and
Twitter, deployed at these endpoints:

They complement the unofficial WebFinger providers
( )
I published last month, which I've updated to include Link elements
pointing to the new PortableContacts endpoints.

Both are just little side projects, and they may not be hugely
useful on their own, but together they're another step toward
implementing OStatus bridge apps
( ) for
more of the major social networking sites.

Feedback and pull requests are welcome!"

here are example links to plaxo's poco test client that consume output from
these two sites:  (facebook)  (twitter)

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PortableContacts" group.
To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at