Google Groups

Re: portablecontacts-unofficial: PortableContacts for Facebook and Twitter

Tom Holder Feb 24, 2012 1:34 AM
Posted in group: PortableContacts
Hi Joseph,

Yeah sure.

We have a product called ContactZilla.com - we're rebuilding using
Poco as the foundation. It's currently built on MySQL and as I know
you're aware, contact data doesn't map very nicely in to a relational
model.

The new version now uses MongoDB which lets us actually store contact
data in Poco format without an manipulation. In fact, our import does
very little validation or manipulation which makes it very fast (a
serious problem we have with the current version).

We are also using sgnodemapper but running it server side in node.js
as part of the add/edit contact pipeline. It seems to work pretty
well.

One of the areas Poco has caused issues is with the account block and
mapping back and forth to social urls (as most people will just paste
in a URL). But, using sgnodemapper we think we've probably sussed it.

It will be a few months before we launch, but it's very open and we
want to make it as easy to get data in and out as possible.

Tom