Google Groups

Re: [2.0.2] Difference between play.mvc and play.api.mvc

opensource21 Jul 27, 2012 11:43 PM
Posted in group: play-framework
You should decide if you want write your application in java or scala. If you choose java don't use play.api.** (There are some exceptions in the scala-templates)  if you choose scala don't use play.mvc.*. If you use this as a basic-rule you are on the safe site.

From the functionality: The scala part has often more functionality or provide a more elegant solution.

Am Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2012 16:48:54 UTC+2 schrieb Mathias Buchholz:

am still a beginner in using Play framework.

I have seen, where are some classes that similar named in the libraries "play.mvc" and "play.api.mvc"

Which library should i prefer on which topic?

e.g. the class Result
play.mvc.Result and play.api.mvc.Result

In a Controller class all my static functions have a return play.mvc.Result...
Or is it better using play.api.mvc.Result?

thank you