Google Groups

Re: Checkbox inline for different db fields

Carlos Antonio da Silva Apr 24, 2012 12:17 PM
Posted in group: SimpleForm
That's weird.. perhaps you could try adding some example to the app, so we can play with and see were we go?

Carlos Antonio

On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Fernando Shayani wrote:

Hi Carlos,

I tried the solution, but didn't work. The output was all messy.

Em 21/04/2012, às 19:29, Carlos Antonio da Silva escreveu:

Hey Fernando,

have you tried the solutions we've discussing in the issue? Did it work?
I'll link here for future reference:

If it is not working for you yet, we can try to figure out another solution.

Carlos Antonio

On Friday, April 13, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Fernando Shayani wrote:

Hi all. I posted this question in the GitHut site but I'll also post
here. Any help will be useful :)

I'm having some trouble to create a group of checkboxes with
simple_form and bootstrap.

I have 3 fields in the database that are booleans: option1, option2
and option3. I need to create a checkbox group inline like this:

SELECT YOUR OPTIONS: [ ] Option 1 [ ] Option 2 [ ] Option 3
Rails is expecting to send the fields as independent fields, like
"tablename[option1]" , "tablename[option2]" and "tablename[option3]".

If I use the

f.input :option, :collection => [[true, '1'] ,[true, '2'],[true,
'3']], :as => :check_boxes

, the html markup will be messed up.

I'm looking for a way so the markup will something like:

<input name="tablename[option1]" type="hidden" value="0">
<input name="tablename[option2]" type="hidden" value="0">
<input name="tablename[option3]" type="hidden" value="0">

If I just use the

f.input :option1
f.input :option2
f.input :option3

the checkboxes will be vertical and will not be "grouped".

Any ideas?