Google Groups

Re: [devise] undefined method 'authenticate_user!' (Yet Another)

Carlos Antonio da Silva Nov 12, 2010 6:36 AM
Posted in group: Devise
You've generated devise for Product model, that should give you authenticate_product! instead of authenticate_user!

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Fabrice <fabr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I keep getting the typical "undefined method `authenticate_user!'"
error in my controller.
I'm using it like this:
class ProductController < ApplicationController
 before_filter :authenticate_user!, :except => [:list, :show]

Where is this method declared ? Where can I look at ? What makes the
method available in the controller ?

I installed Devise using the following instructions:
gem install devise
rails generate devise:install
rails generate devise product

The versions are Rails 3.0.1 and Devise 1.1.3.

Thank you,

Fabrice

--
At.