Google Groups

Re: PEAR2_Templates_Savant and Savant

Brett Bieber Oct 12, 2011 7:38 AM
Posted in group: PHP Savant
Hi Regs,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 6:42 AM, rizwan <riz...@rizfolio.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i am trying to understand whats difference between
> PEAR2_Templates_Savant and Savant??
>
> any one?

You could say PEAR2_Templates_Savant is the next generation of Savant.
I originally took the code and forked Savant3 to a project with a new
name, called Savvy. There are some fundamental differences in how the
templates function, and how to render data through the templates.
Those fundamental differences made me want to use a different name to
discourage users from blindly upgrading and breaking all of their
templates.

Greg Beaver encouraged me to release the code in PEAR2 as
PEAR2_Templates_Savant, and that's what is released there.

The Savvy code is on Github, and all the releases have been published
on the phpsavant.com PEAR channel.
https://github.com/saltybeagle/Savvy

PEAR2_Templates_Savant follows the PEAR2 coding standards and requires PHP 5.3+
Savvy follows the standard PEAR coding standards and requires PHP 5.1+

A blog post which describes the advancements made is available here:
http://saltybeagle.com/2009/11/php-template-wars/

--
Brett Bieber