Google Groups

Re: iOS Localstorage issue when app update is issued

brandon obrien Apr 11, 2012 7:02 AM
Posted in group: phonegap
I just wanted to say that this fix seemingly worked for my update that was approved by the app store on April 9, 2012.  Users who were experiencing the localstorage issue are no longer experiencing it using the update described in this thread.

On Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:21:41 AM UTC-6, brandon obrien wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue to mine.  I built and successfully launched an iOS app using PhoneGap 1.4.1.  After a week or so I made some bug fixes and slight graphical changes and issued an update to the App Store.  When the app got approved and people started downloading it, I had many people email me and tell me their localstorage was clearing out every time they closed the app.

In my case, I'm using localstorage to store a username and password that logs them into the app.  When this data clears out each time it forces them to log in every time they open the app which is very frustrating.

I cannot seem to figure out what is causing this issue.  If people delete and then re-install the app it fixes it and it works just fine, but if they do a standard update it seems to cause the issue.

If anyone else has experienced anything like this or has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

I'm using PhoneGap 1.4.1 with jQuery Mobile