Google Groups

Prepare yourself to review PostgreSQL Magazine #01

PostgreSQL Magazine Mar 12, 2012 3:55 PM
Posted in group: PostgreSQL Magazine
Hey,

As we missed the january deadline, the new target is to release
PostgreSQL Magazine #01 before PG Con, which means we need have to do
the layout in April, which means we need to review the articles in March.

This is a call to every people that want to help the magazine ! In a few
days, I'll be launching the reviewing process.

For those of you who reviewed the previous issue in April 2011, things
have change a little bit :

 A/ We now use a wiki to do the reviewing ! This means you don't have to
send me a long email with every error you found. Just log in, click on
the "edit" button and directly correct the error. Have no fear of making
mistake ! I'll watching the diffs and we can always rollback some
changes if needed.

 B/ The rewiewing is now done **before** the layout which means you will
proof-read the articles in "raw text mode".

 C/ You are now free to cherry-pick the articles you want to proof-read.

I hope these changes will make thing easier for reviewers and attract
new contributors.

For more information, please read the Reviewer Guidelines :
http://pgmag.org/wiki/reviewer_guidelines

You may also be interested by the Style Guidelines:
http://pgmag.org/wiki/style_guidelines

The first articles to review will be pushed by the end of the week.

Stay tuned !

--
damien clochard
PostgreSQL Magazine Executive Editor