Google Groups

Re: pt-table-checksum for selective slaves

Bryan O'Neal May 5, 2012 5:49 AM
Posted in group: Percona Discussion

I too would very much like a way to exclude certain slaves but have not had time to look at the code. For many of my applications I have masters of rather marginal power and dozens of slaves around the world. I quite frequently want to check certain slaves during their regional off hours - not all slaved at once.

On May 4, 2012 5:01 AM, "Abhijit Buchake" <> wrote:
Hi Team,

I have installed Percona Toolkit for using pt-table-checksum utility. We have a master and 4 slaves. 'pt-table-checksum' utility when executed on master checks on all slaves for discrepancies.
My requirement is to checksum selective slave (as and when free) and not all slaves at a time.

After going through the documentation, I found that this can be achieved using --recursion-method=dsn option. Hence, I created a table 'dsns' in 'some_database' as per the documentation.
I entered the host name that I wanted to check in 'dsns' table like 'h=' (i.e., Slave).
Then I tried the following command:
shell]# pt-table-checksum --lock-wait-time=50 --nocheck-replication-filters --replicate-check --recursion-method=dsn=D=some_database,t=dsns --user=username --password=password --databases=some_database --tables=some_table
But the above command executes check on all 4 slaves.

If I execute command with h= on command line, it executes considering given server as Master server which is not the case.

Please suggest the correct method for checksuming selective slaves out of four.

Thanks in advance.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Percona Discussion" group.
To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at