Google Groups

Re: [pdxruby-beginners] using ActiveRecord outside of rails

Jesse Cooke Dec 23, 2011 9:53 PM
Posted in group: pdxruby-beginners

So far the best ones are in the examples dir & the few things I've done for the group.

@jc00ke
n-tier engineer

On Dec 23, 2011 9:23 PM, "Sam Livingston-Gray" <gee...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've been itching to play with MagLev. Any resources I should look at?

--
(Sent from phone; please excuse brevity.)

On Dec 23, 2011, at 12:49 AM, Jesse Cooke <je...@jc00ke.com> wrote:

I've used both Datamapper & Mongoid in Sinatra apps with nice results. Depending on what this app is doing you might give it a whirl in MagLev.

On Dec 22, 2011 4:31 PM, "peter cowan" <pac...@gmail.com> wrote:
hi pdx rubyists,

i'm doing a little side project in ruby and i need to add persistence to one object. i'm leaning towards just using ActiveRecord because it is familiar and i think i might one day use this project with rails, but i've also got a nagging feeling that there might be a better way, plus what if i decide to go with sinatra over rails? also, i hoping to avoid anything as low level as the DBI module.

any thoughts?

-peter