Google Groups

Re: [PBCore-talk] Cuts

Bruce Jacobs Feb 13, 2012 6:57 PM
Posted in group: PBCore Talk
Thanks, Kitty.

The thought had occurred to me, but then it is no longer literally a physical asset ID.

But if there is no better way identified, I'll be inclined to do the same.

From: Kitty Dillingham <<>>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 19:30:00 -0500
To: <<>>
Subject: Re: [PBCore-talk] Cuts

We solved the problem at WTVS, by adding an integer to the end of the unique identifier, such as WTVS000111.1, WTVS000111.2, WTVS000111.3 ect.

This is how we were able to work with the bluray assets.

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Bruce Jacobs <<>> wrote:
We have a number of tapes with two shows on one tape.

instantiationIdentifier will be the same physical asset tape ID for both

pbcoreIdentifier for each show is uniquely defined in our program DAM

It seems like there should be a place in pbcore to put the "cut" number,
so someone would know what order the shows are on the single tape.

Where should this metadata go?

(Sorry if I've missed this. Everything else is coming together, but this
one still eludes me.)

Kitty Dillingham
734 233 5733