Google Groups

RE: [pandaboard] compilling and load ICS into pandaboard ES

VJ Mar 21, 2012 8:06 PM
Posted in group: pandaboard

I got a word from someone who tried AOSP master and he says AOSP master is fixed as of 12 hrs ago. I am going to download and give it a try.

I will let you know if I successfully boot it up.

Vikas

From: panda...@googlegroups.com [mailto:panda...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Vladimir Olovyannikov
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:34 AM
To: panda...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [pandaboard] compilling and load ICS into pandaboard ES

Thanks Vladimir,

I disabled qemu build, and got ICS build. However, after I "flashed" the images onto the SD card and rebooted, I could only pass to iridescent Android logo; zygote never started, though there are no errors. Also the shell is not available, so there is no logcat; Android logo stays sparkling forever. I am playing with Pandaboard ES Rev. B1. So far I found only one repo which I built and which works fine on my board, and it is not from the googlesource, but a clone from bitbucket; with that repo I got working WiFi and Ethernet, so I'm pretty happy, but would like to have AOSP master running on the board. Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Vladimir.

On Tuesday, 20 March 2012 01:55:05 UTC-7, Vladimir Pantelic wrote:

Vladimir Olovyannikov wrote:
> Hi VJ,
> It seems that master AOSP branch is broken if you build under Ubuntu 10.04LTS 64 bit for now.
> I am getting Error 127 building for Pandaboard ES as following:
> host C: emulator <= external/qemu/android/main-emulator.c
> prebuilts/tools/gcc-sdk/gcc: line 40:
> prebuilts/tools/gcc-sdk/../../gcc/linux-x86/host/i686-linux-glibc2.7-4.6/bin/i686-linux-gcc: No such file or directory
> make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/emulator_intermediates/android/main-emulator.o] Error 127

You don't need qemu anyway to biuld the SW for the device,
simplest thing might be to just disable building it in the
appropriate Android.mk

> Vladimir.

yeah, me too :)