Google Groups

Re: [OxfordCycling:11707] Urgent - Help needed at Whirlpool Trails - Missing Runner

Weldy Apr 30, 2012 9:46 AM
Posted in group: Oxford Cycling
The maps are fine. There may be a couple of inconsistencies, but nothing that would warrant a mentally well individual getting lost and ending up in Water Valley. In research, we would call this an outlier. I'm glad the runner is okay, but I've gotten lost on several occasions in the past riding the Hunt Club land (which is private property and not part of the trails or maps), and I still can't figure out how the runner would have ended up in Water Valley. There has to be more to the story.

On Friday, April 27, 2012 12:22:58 PM UTC-5, TomL wrote:

Y’all clearly need better maps for your trails: he was found in Water Valley!

[and that’s all I know so far]

From: oxford...@googlegroups.com [mailto:oxford...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Michael Weldy
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 9:54 AM
To: oxford...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [OxfordCycling:11707] Urgent - Help needed at Whirlpool Trails - Missing Runner

Does anyone have any more details about the missing runner? Did he get injured, lost, etc… Thanks.

Also, we have seen several large copperheads out there already this year. I saw one Wed. crossing the rail bed right by the old gate. It was tremendous. I know the rest of the crew has seen several already, too. Just FYI, especially for those of you who bring dogs. Before this year, I’ve probably counted 2-3 snakes out there in 10-15 years. Seems to be an increase.

From: Vivian Neill <vivia...@me.com>

Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 08:34:20 -0500

I can go if there is still a need. I'll load my bike right now. If anyone has updated news please post so I know whether to proceed with coming to town.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 27, 2012, at 8:24 AM, Karen Mogridge <karenm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Guys,

If anyone can get to the Whirlpool Trails this morning – with your mountain bike – there is a Search & Rescue effort underway for a missing runner (since last night).

The police dept has asked that if any of our "gang" can come with mtn bikes to help with the search, that would be very helpful.

The missing runner's vehicle is still parked on the road, so he's in there somewhere!

Please help if you can!

Thanks!

Karen