Google Groups

OSXFUSE + NTFS-3g = disk corruption?

DualShock Nov 8, 2011 4:26 AM
Posted in group: OSXFUSE

I tested OSXFUSE on my 2008 Mac Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 in preparation for upgrading to Lion. I forced the 64 bit kernel on also. I then installed NTFS-3g 2010.10.2, the latest Mac build offered by Erik Larsson on this page:

However, after testing a few file copies to an internal NTFS drive, I saw disk corruption errors when I ran chkdsk from Windows, and some of the files I had copied had disappeared.

Of note, I never saw disk corruption when using MacFUSE and this same NTFS-3g build, under the 32 bit kernel in Snow Leopard.

Has anyone tested this combination? Is this an OSXFUSE issue, or is this NTFS-3g build just too old and incompatible with OSXFUSE?