Google Groups

Re: fuse-python with OSXFUSE

Benjamin Fleischer Feb 24, 2012 8:22 AM
Posted in group: OSXFUSE
Hi Tom,

Am 23.02.2012 um 21:08 schrieb Tom Yarrish:

> I have a new machine with OSX Lion and I've installed OSXFUSE without any issues.  But I need to install fuse-python in order to use libewf to mount some image files.  However when I go to install fuse-python I'm getting the following error:
>
> pkg-config could not find fuse:
> you might need to adjust PKG_CONFIG_PATH or your
> FUSE installation is very old (older than 2.1-pre1)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "setup.py", line 69, in <module>
>     iflags = [x[2:] for x in cflags.split() if x[0:2] == '-I']
> NameError: name 'cflags' is not defined

To build fuse-python with OSXFUSE run the following commands:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
sudo touch /usr/include/osreldate.h

and finally:

python setup.py build

After fuse-python has been built sucessfully the file /usr/include/osreldate.h can be removed:
sudo rm /usr/include/osreldate.h

This (osreldate.h) is a known issue and will be fixed in a future version of OSXFUSE.

> Now as far as I can remember I installed OSXFUSE with the legacy MacFuse support, but I was wondering if anyone else has installed fuse-python.

It should work fine without the "MacFUSE compatibility layer" installed but it does not hurt either :-)

Regards,
Benjamin